Master of Science
The Master of Science in Sustainability degree program prepares
professionals for careers in the public sector, regulatory system, businesses, government
agencies, and NGOs.
CU’s program is multidisciplinary, combining elements of advanced study in various
sustainability-related topics with other cognate areas such as leadership, business, and
Program Learning Outcomes
- Gain advanced knowledge of the nature, science, and societal challenges of sustainable development;
- Gain mastery of the techniques to study and analyze data and the methods required to critically assess data;
- Understand the economic, scientific, technological, business, and other frameworks needed to identify and tackle the impacts of human activities on the environment;
- Gain advanced knowledge of sustainability theories and practices as they apply to areas including finance, business, natural resources, regulation, and planning;
- Gain the ability to synthesize knowledge and ethically communicate it to diverse audiences.
- A high school diploma or GED
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
In order to become a candidate for graduation a student:
- Shall have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at CU;
- Shall have maintained a minimum academic average of C (higher for some programs);
- Shall have passed all courses in his/her curriculum and made a C or better in key courses designated as essential in each program;
- Shall have completed at least 24 of the final 30 hours with Carolina University.