Master of Science
The Harvard Business Review labeled ‘Data Scientist’ the most popular job of the 21st century, reflecting the strong demand for professionals with skills in the area. Data Scientists are among the most sought-after positions in America, as research by PWC explains, and there would be 2.7 million job postings for Data Science and Analytics roles in 2020. According to Northeastern University, the core skills needed to be a Data Scientist are easily transferable to other jobs like Business Intelligence Developers, Machine Learning Engineers, etc., and Data Scientists are in constant demand. Fast Company, a monthly business magazine, reported that, in an unpredictable post-coronavirus labor market, Data Science skills would be one of the top five in-demand skills that employees should look to reskill or upskill.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply Data Science algorithms to real-world data sets in various programming languages
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire, clean, merge, and tidy data sets
- Demonstrate the ability to translate data into effective visualization and web dashboarding
- Acquire hands-on skills from all steps of the lifecycle of Data Science projects
- Demonstrate the ability to use various Machine Learning techniques to support business decision making
- Apply Data Science theories and methods to solve real-world problems
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is four years or 150% of the credits, whichever the student reaches first.
- A minimum of 18 credit hours must be completed at CU.
- Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
- Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 36 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
Program Core (30 Credit Hours)
Professional Elective (3 Credit Hours) [Choose 1]
Electives (3 Credit Hours)
*Pending TRACS Approval for a modification in total credit hours (36).