Master of Arts
The Master of Arts (MA) in Ministry is designed for church members, pastoral staff, and others in the ministry who desire to enhance their knowledge of the Bible and ministry skills and for those who wish to enter the ministry.
The 30 hour program provides a core competency in theology and biblical knowledge while at the same time preparing students for the practical aspects of ministry through the selection of 15 hours of electives.
Students will have regular interaction with a scholarly faculty, who also have significant pastoral or ministry experience.
The program is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Defend a biblical worldview using the basic tenets of Christian theology
- Preach/teach hermeneutically sound messages and Bible lessons
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of of the content and critical issues in the Old and New Testaments from a conservative perspective
- Develop in students the ability for effective ministry to the current culture both at home and abroad
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Autobiographical essay giving testimony of salvation and reason for entering the program
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
- Agreement with the student doctrinal statement
- Agreement with Piedmont Divinity School's standards of behavior
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is four years.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed at CU.
- Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
- Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 30 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.