Master of Arts
The Master of Arts (MA) in Ministry is designed for church members, pastoral staff, and others in the ministry who desire to enhance their knowledge of the Bible and ministry skills and for those who wish to enter the ministry. This program is also available in Portuguese.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Defend a biblical worldview using the basic tenets of Christian theology
- Preach/teach hermeneutically sound messages and Bible lessons
- Utilize modern technology to enhance ministry effectiveness
- Communicate the message of the Gospel to our culture and cross culturally
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Autobiographical essay to gauge ministry/Christian experience, professional interests, academic capability
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is five years or 150% of the credits, whichever the student reaches first.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours must be completed at CU.
- Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
- Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 30 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.