Master of Arts
The Master of Arts (MA) in Leadership is designed for those seeking graduate-level training in leadership for further graduate study or application in a variety of professional contexts including business, government, education, armed forces, law enforcement, media, and healthcare.
The program can be completed with a concentration (area of focus) or otherwise. Students can choose to specialize in an area by completing 9 credits of coursework in that area. Concentrations are available in the following areas: Healthcare Administration; Ministry; Justice; Technology; Politics; International Relations; Innovation; Sociology; Communications; Business; Public Administration.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate understanding of the elements of leadership
- Demonstrate competence in conducting research
- Demonstrate application of leadership theories and practices relevant to specialized professional contexts
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is six years or 150% of the credits, whichever the student reaches first.
- A minimum of 18 credit hours must be completed at CU.
- Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
- Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 36 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.