Elementary Education, Missions Emphasis
Bachelor of Science
The purpose of the Elementary Education, Missions Emphasis program is the same as the Elementary Education program, but it also prepares teachers for a mission field context (e.g. a national missions school, a school for missionary children, or a foreign field home school). In addition to the biblical studies, general education, professional studies, and elementary education core, this program includes courses in missions.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Cultivate a personal philosophy of education that integrates biblically- based truth in elementary curriculum and instruction
- Recall the basic elements of legal and legislative issues in regards to teaching, learning, and supervision of students in a school environment
- Recognize student diversity and assimilate methods of differentiation that makes learning a successful event
- Select and implement classroom management strategies that produce a stable atmosphere of learning
- Employ instructional methods, concepts, technologies, and strategies that contribute to an effective learning environment for all disciplines of study
- Formulate authentic assessments that reflect results that are valid and reliable
- Evaluate the appropriateness of curriculum choices based on current pedagogical theories and student needs
- Apply a biblical philosophy of missions and communicate cross-culturally
- A high school diploma or GED
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
To earn the Bachelor of Science degree in education from CU, students must:
- Complete the required number of designated semester credit hours with a grade-point average of at least 2.75. The student must make a C or better in key courses designated as essential in each program.
- Complete the program of study described in the university catalog. This includes field experience hours and course work in Bible, professional studies, and general education. The program advisor will assist you through the process.
- Meet the requirements for the professional exams as previously described
- Comply with the university’s requirements concerning settlement of all financial obligations
- Be recommended by the faculty for graduation