Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Business Administration
The Esports major/concentration is designed to prepare students for a future career in the growing Esports arena. It will build capabilities for a variety of fields such as gaming, events management, nutrition, team work, regulation, journalism, game design, social media, and marketing. The program will equip students with many multifunctional skills that translate well for a variety of career roles in Esports or elsewhere.
The Esports major at Carolina University can be completed within the Bachelor of Business Administration or the Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Studies. Students also have the option of completing a minor in Esports if they accumulate 18 credits in the field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Evidence fundamental knowledge of the multidisciplinary competencies necessary in esports
- Integrate content knowledge from the core areas of the esports industry by engaging in work-integrated learning and completing projects
- Demonstrate teamwork, group communication, and networking competencies
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills integrating digital tools
- Understand the ethical, social and economic dynamics of the esports industry
- A high school diploma or GED
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
In order to become a candidate for graduation, a student:
- Shall have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at CU;
- Shall have maintained a minimum academic average of C;
- Shall have passed all courses in his/her curriculum and made a C or better in key courses designated as essential in each program;
- Shall have completed at least 24 of the final 30 hours with Carolina University.