Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts in Bible is designed for those who want a two-year course of study. It is suited for those who need training in the Word of God, whether spouses of students who are in degree programs, members of area churches who want to enhance their present ministries, or mission workers who need to add Bible to their existing professional expertise. This program is not a substitute for a four-year program, but is designed to lead directly into such a program.
The program offers the equivalent of a semester of general education but concentrates on Bible and Bible-related subjects. This program can be completed in two years of full-time or four years of part-time study, and is available online.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the books of the Bible, including the key individuals, major events, and historical settings
- Explain the major doctrines of the Bible consistent with literal, grammatical, contextual, and historical principles of interpretation
- Exhibit an ability to integrate a biblical world view in personal and professional life applications
- Interpret and defend the Bible consistent with literal, grammatical, contextual, and historical principles of interpretation
- A high school diploma or GED
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
In order to become a candidate for graduation, a student:
- Shall have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours at CU;
- Shall have maintained a minimum academic average of C;
- Shall have passed all courses in the curriculum and made a C or better in key courses designated as essential in each program;
- Shall have completed at least 24 of the final 30 hours with Carolina University;
- Shall have given evidence of high Christian character and conduct in accord with Piedmont Divinity School standards. He/she shall also manifest essential agreement with the Piedmont Divinity School doctrinal statement for students.