Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity (MDiv) program is designed to prepare competent Bible expositors who are qualified to serve effectively as pastors or leaders in other Christian ministries, including the chaplaincy. The curriculum gives both a basic foundation for the work of the ministry and a balanced, well-rounded biblical and theological perspective. Students may choose from one of seven tracks.
- Pastoral Studies
- Local Church Ministry
- Language Tools
- Military Chaplaincy
- Hospital Chaplaincy
- Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
- Marriage and Family Counseling
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of of the content and critical issues in the Old and New Testaments from a conservative perspective
- Demonstrate aptitude for graduate level research in Bible, theology, and ministry-related courses
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the Bible, theology, hermeneutics, church history, and practical ministry
- Learn how to develop, implement, and assess strategies for effective ministry
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Autobiographical essay giving testimony of salvation and reason for applying to the program
- Read and sign the Piedmont Divinity School Admission Agreement
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Carolina University
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is eight years or 150% of the credits, whichever the student reaches first.
- A minimum of 36 credit hours must be completed at CU.
- Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
- Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 72 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
Professional Core (60 Credit Hours)
Tracks (12 Credit Hours; Choose One)
Local Church Ministry
Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
Marriage and Family Counseling
For the Military Chaplaincy track, students may choose between CHA624 or MIN620.