Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity (MDiv) program is designed to prepare competent Bible expositors who are qualified to serve effectively as pastors or leaders in other Christian ministries, including the chaplaincy. The curriculum gives both a basic foundation for the work of the ministry and a balanced, well-rounded biblical and theological perspective. Students may choose from one of seven tracks.
- Pastoral Studies
- Local Church Ministry
- Language Tools
- Military Chaplaincy
- Hospital Chaplaincy
- Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
- Marriage and Family Counseling
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of of the content and critical issues in the Old and New Testaments from a conservative perspective
- Demonstrate aptitude for graduate level research in Bible, theology, and ministry-related courses
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the Bible, theology, hermeneutics, church history, and practical ministry
- Learn how to develop, implement, and assess strategies for effective ministry
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Autobiographical essay to gauge ministry/Christian experience, professional interests, academic capability
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Piedmont International University
The maximum time limit to complete the program is eight years or 150% of the credits, whichever the student reaches first.
A minimum of 36 credit hours must be completed at PIU.
Up to 50% of the required credit hours can be transferred.
Graduation is contingent upon the completion of 72 hours of prescribed courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.