Master of Business Administration
The Piedmont Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is designed for professionals who are seeking to advance their career. Whether you are a mid-level manager seeking to move up the career ladder into senior leadership, or a non-profit professional seeking to establish a charitable organization, or a fresh graduate from a non-business discipline, the Piedmont MBA will equip you with the cutting edge business disciplinary competencies and skills necessary for success in the 21st century business environment.
Notably, the MBA provides an opportunity to develop the breadth of skills necessary to move into leadership ranks or transition from staff roles into management positions. And for most graduates, it is an avenue for upward financial and social mobility. As reported by US News, "the average starting salary for MBA grads in the class of 2019 will be $84,580 – more than $25,000 higher than the average starting salary projection for grads with a bachelor's degree in business."
Graduates from any discipline can apply for the Piedmont MBA. No prior business knowledge is required. Our teaching is highly student-centric and designed to give you every tool for success. Courses can be taken face to face or online. Our program is flexible and designed to accommodate those in employment.
Professionals with substantial track records in relevant work environments may qualify for waivers of some elective courses. Please speak with an advisor if you believe you should be eligible for waivers.
Students can pursue concentrations in the following areas (not all concentrations may be offered every year):
- Business Analytics
- Human Resources Management
- Sports Management
- Supply Chain Management
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply both theoretical and practical business knowledge to better understand factors that are reshaping and redefining management in today's global marketplace
- Utilize effective communication skills and research practices that are necessary for today's business environment
- Apply leadership characteristics and management practices within intercultural workplaces
- Integrate course-specific skills and knowledge while being able to identify ethical dilemmas and apply business practices to resolve those dilemmas
- Leverage state-of-the-art technological tools to enhance business processes and deliver superior outcomes
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Completed application with Piedmont International University
Maximum Time Limit to Complete Program
Minimum Hours to be Completed at Piedmont
Transfer of Credits and Advanced Standing
Transfer credits are not to exceed 25 percent (nine semester hours) of degree-level courses and must have a grade of B or higher. No Advanced Standing is available.
Length of Program and Graduation
The program is 36 semester hours, with graduation upon completion of prescribed courses (including Transfer) with a minimum overall GPA of 3.00.